Monday, July 26

PROGRESS!

Crawling practice!
We had a very exciting week here, Emilio lifted himself up on his hands and knees and tried crawling to his toys! It was so amazing and I was so happy but so sad at the same time. Sad because he is changing so quickly. Sometimes I wish I could just press the pause button on life and enjoy him just as he is this very second. But I know there is a lot of beauty in the change that is to come as well.                                                                            All this time with him at home has been so rewarding. I couldn't have planned to have him at a better time! Since his birth in December, we have been together all but two and a half months. One month when I had to go back for a block in medical school and the other month and a half to study for Step 1. What an unexpected blessing! I have especially enjoyed the last couple months. He has become SO aware, we can really play. He laughs at funny faces, recognizes sounds and makes my life simple, light and fun!  He has even began to notice when I eat without him and he reaches out and looks at me like I forgot about him! 
"Hey, what about me!"
Emilio has also been helping me with the gardening. So far this year, he's helped me harvest zucchini and the first of the tomatoes and winter squash. We are eagerly awaiting the lettuce, beets and radish to be ready.







On another note, the remodel on the Fourth Street property is moving along. They expect to pour the concrete footings and our new concrete living and dining rooms tomorrow! I am so excited that this project that we have been talking about for over a year is finally underway!


Our future kitchen
Our future porch, living and dining rooms

Our future Zen garden
I will post more as the project continues. Now off to mommy-hood!

No comments:

Post a Comment