Wednesday, July 14

Memorable Beginnings!

This picture was taken in 2004 in Baja California

After hours of running through many potential names for our new family blog, we were excited when we went back to the start; 7th Floor, Elevator Door, and realized it was perfect. The start of what you ask? The start of how Kris and I met and how our journey as a family began.
In Kris' own words:

I met you in the sun's backyard

2001, 3rd o' March
7th floor, elevator door
I've never dreamt of more
Fiercely beautiful, yet unaware
Somehow so familiar, but rare
Both a woman and a child
Innocent and wild
She smiled

We met while I was in my bachelor's program at San Diego State,
at the time I was living in the dormitories across the hall from Kris' "brother" and future best man of our wedding Rowan. In an event that I can only attribute to fate, I happened to be walking by the elevators back to my room when the elevator door opened, Kris came out, gave me a hug and changed the course of my life forever! So, when Kris suggested this name, I knew it was perfect!
We want to use this blog to keep all of our family and friends updated on little Emilio and our ever-changing lives, whether we are here in New Mexico, Oregon or wherever the wind takes us! I hope you enjoy!

With love,

Maria, Kris and Emilio


1 comment:

  1. Oh, guys. This is wonderful!! Thank you for sharing your amazing experiences with us! It's pretty obvious that blessings fall from the sky on your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete